When we refer to “Kinver”, “We”, “Us” etc., we mean the Kinver AS the company.
In addition, separate agreements governs delivery, access and use of the Services (the “End User License Agreement”, "General Terms & Conditions" and "Customer Agreement").
We collect, receive, use, disclose, transfer and store Personal Data when needed to provide our Services and for operational and business purposes described in this policy.
If you do not agree with the terms, do not access or use the Services, Websites or any other aspect of Kinver’s business.
Kinver may process your Personal Data as data controller or on behalf of another data controller, i.e. as data processor. In the latter situation, Kinver's processing is based on a data processing agreement with the data controller.
What types of Personal Data Do We Collect
Personal Data is data related to you or that can identify you as a person. For example your name, email address, phone number etc.
Personal Data we collect includes username, name and contact information, usage logs, notifications you set up and settings created as part of using the Services, as well as certain information collected in our application log.
How We Use Personal Data and the legal basis for processing
Personal Data will be used by Kinver in accordance with any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement, End User License Agreement, Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law.
Kinver uses Personal Data:
- To conduct sales and contract process
- To provide requested offers on our Services;
- To deliver in accordance with Customer Agreements
- To enable users to access and use the Services
- To offer technical and other support to users of our Services
- To update, maintain, improve and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Personal Data to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues and analyze usage.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation, or other legal obligations imposed by publich authorities.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services and important Services-related notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails with promotional communications or other news about Kinver. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- To process orders, invoicing, payments and other financial follow-up.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and misuse of data from data-providers (this e.g. includes third party data-providers).
- To ensure Kinver's or third parties' rights in the establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims that Kinver believes to have, or directed against Kinver from users, third parties or public authorities.
The legal basis for Kinver's processing of Personal Data is
- i) the necessity for entering into or the performance of the Customer Agreement and/or End User License Agreement, e.g. to enable access to the Services, offer technical support to users, communicate with users regarding the Services and perform financial follow-up of the Services;
- ii) Kinver's or a third party's legitimate interest, e.g. to update, maintain, improve and protect our Services or business interests, to investigate and prevent security issues and misuse and to ensure Kinver's or third parties' rights in the establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims;
- iii) consent, e.g. in relation to processing for marketing purposes; and iv) compliance with statutory requirements, or other legal obligations imposed by public authorities.
How Long Do We Store Your Data
How We Share And Disclose Personal Data
Aggregated or De-identified Data.We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose.
To Comply with Laws.If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Personal Data if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety.To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Kinver or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
With ConsentKinver may share Personal Data with third parties when we have consent from the data subject to do so.
Use of browser cookies on our website
In order to provide our website visitors with the best possible experience we use browser cookies. Cookies are small text files stored by your browser on your computer. You can at any time disable this in your browser settings.
You can refuse all cookies in your browser settings. Alternatively you can instruct your browser to notify you when receiving a cookie. You will then have the option to accept or reject.
Kinver takes security of data very seriously. Kinver works hard to protect your Personal Data you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the data we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Personal Data is sent in encrypted format between the front ends and our Services. The Services are hosted in secured data centers, and we place appropriate restrictions on access to Personal Data.
Where Do We Store and Process Personal Data
We use third parties for cloud storage and support and sales tools and take appropriate steps to ensure that Personal Data is processed, secured and transferred according to applicable law. When we transfer Personal Data from the European Economic Area to other countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as in your home country, we take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection, for example by using EUs standard contractual clauses.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their Personal Data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to your Personal Data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Personal Data. You may also request restriction of processing, object to the processing and under some circumstances require data portability. If the processing is based on your consent, you may at any time withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise your rights, please refer to the contact information below.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or The Norwegian Data Protection Authority (DPA), which is Kinver's lead supervisory authority. You may direct questions or complaints to our lead supervisory authority by sending them an email firstname.lastname@example.org:
The Norwegian Data Protection Authority (DPA), P.O. Box 8177 Dep., 0152 Oslo, Norway